This privacy statement sets out how Forage Aid (the ‘Charity’) collects and uses personal information and data and complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
References to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this notice refer to Forage Aid.
The Charity is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy and safety of personal data that it collects from individuals for the purpose of carrying out its activities.
Who we are
Forage Aid is a charity set up to help farmers alleviate animal welfare concerns that may be caused through loss of feed, forage or bedding as a result of an extreme weather event.
Information we gather
- We collect information about individual people who require support from the Charity, have offered donations and/ or services. We also collect and maintain information about our trustees. We may collect and process the following personal information:
- Your name
- Contact information including e-mail address and telephone numbers
- Your address, including that of your business or farm holding
- Details about any donations of food, forage or bedding that you may be willing to offer or that you may have received
- Details about your holding and livestock
- Information contained in emails or other correspondence from you and records of telephone calls or meeting with you
Most of the personal information that we receive is obtained directly from you. We may also receive information from other charities who have referred you to us to provide support.
Where we store your personal data
Once we have received your information it will be stored on a central database. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect about you.
What do we do with the information we gather
- We use information we hold about you to carry out the activities of the Charity. In particular we use this information for:
- Making sure we have contact details of potential donors of feed, forage and bedding
- Identifying farmers who may need our support as a result of an extreme weather event
- To communicate with you from time to time about the work of the Charity
- From time to time we may also use your information to contact you about fundraising events
- Marketing of the charity
In order to carry out our activities we may pass personal information on to third party hauliers and our logistics co-ordinator Branston Limited (Lincoln) to ensure that forage, feed and bedding are collected from and delivered to the correct location. We may also supply your data to members of the Farming Help network of rural charities.
We do not collect any personal data through cookies
Under the rules of the GDPR there are lawful bases for processing your data. We have identified that the lawful basis for us to hold your personal data is ‘consent’ meaning you must provide us with your consent to hold your personal data.
You have the right to:
- Keep us updated and have the data that we hold about you deleted or amended
- Request details of the personal information which we hold about you.
- Object to certain types of processing such as receiving newsletters or direct marketing
Enquiries and complaints
Any enquiries in connection with this privacy statement should be directed in the first
instance to us via email – [email protected]
All complaints should be sent to:
North York Moors National Park
The Old Vicarage
You may also address any complaints to the Information Commissioners’ office: